Monday, March 21, 2011

Dream Lover Come Rescue Her!


Symbols in this Dream
Recurring dreams, house, bedroom, kiss

The Dreamer
This dream was submitted by a dreamer who wishes to remain anonymous, we will call her Annie the anonymous dreamer. She has had this recurring dream for the past five to six years. She doesn't know how many times she has had the same dream, but she said she has "had it a ton (of times)". Recently, she turned thirty and has proactively taken on the venture of dating (probably the reason why she recently had this dream again- other men only make her think about her dream man more). By this I mean that she has dated more men in the past 21 days of her life than my two roommates and I have dated in our past 21 years.... combined. The man in her recurring dream is a long time friend and crush of hers, his name for the purposes of this blog is Alejandro (Ale-Ale-jandro, Ale-Ale-jandro). So lets move this thing along and get down to the neety greety....

The Dream
"I walk into my house, which is actually my sisters house but in my dream it's mine, and I see my husband, Alejandro, hanging out around the tv with all of his buddies.  In some of the dreams they are watching football or basketball and other dreams they are playing video games.
 I set the groceries down on the counter and ask Alejandro, in a stern voice, if I can speak with him in the bedroom.  His buddies give him a hard time like "oooo - Alejandro, you're in trouble!"  Then we walk back to our bedroom and Alejandrois about to say something when I just lay one on him.  A really nice, passionate kiss.  The kind that makes your toes curl and makes you have butterflies in your stomach.  Then I say "I just wanted to say hello."  He smiles and kisses me again. 
Then we walk back out to the living room/kitchen area and he sits back down with his buddies and I start putting the groceries away.  I can see that his buddies are confused because Alejandro has a huge smile on his face, so instead of giving them any information I just ask if they want a snack.  Then I wake up."

The Interpretation
Let me just clear something up, actually clear my conscience, before I begin... Yes, I listened to "Dreamlover" by Mariah Carey while working on this entry (you can too! Dreamlover) I can say that I'm eighty-five percent certain that Annie has awoken with these lyrics in her head everytime she has had this dream.
Ok, Annie is obviously really, REALLY into this guy (which is so cool by the way, I wish I had feelings so strong that my subconscious had to unleash in the form of a recurring dream). In an earlier entry which was also about recurring dreams I posted the following definition "Emotions and urges against which we feel powerless, and which may become obsessive." Annie's dream fits this definition like spandex fits on Oprah.
Annie walks into her house, or her territory, and Alejandro is there. He is on her turf, he is hers.
She pretends to be mad at him for something that is common for wives to be upset about, idolness. This shows that Annie knows that something about the way Alejandro acts towards her or towards their relationship (in real life) should not be acceptable, but she chooses to ignore it, which is represented when she calls him into the bedroom, because despite his "unacceptable" behavior she "lets him in". A persons bedroom is a very intimate place, it is the place where we are most vulnerable (when we are asleep).
The other people in her dream are people they know in real life. She makes them think one thing (that she is mad at him), but then behind closed doors in her bedroom she shows him how she really feels, with a kiss, ok not just a kiss, an Oscar winning, breath taking, knee weakening, caress of lips. A kiss, this kiss, Annies kiss, represents her commitment to him, her unconditional acceptance of the person that he is and her desire for him to give the same to her.
Her dream ends with a roomful of people who have been mislead and have inaccurate perceptions about her realationship with Alejandro, which probably parallels her real life. 

Leftovers
I found out that soon after having submitted this dream Annie came clean to Alejandro about her feelings, so maybe this interpretation came too late, but I think that it will really help Annie to see their relationship from a different perspective. Alejandro was not receptive to Annie's confession and expressed to her that his feelings for her are purely platonic. I know that this dream has become an appendage to Annie's life, and now that she has faced her feelings, sadly, she may never have this dream again. True love is a miracle, so Annie you keep workin it girl, thirty and flirty! One of these days (hopefully very soon) your dream lover will be standing in front of you, but he'll be tangible and you'll pinch yourself, but it won't be a dream anymore. Be patient because after five years of dreaming about it, that kiss that you've been waiting for will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter