Monday, May 21, 2012

Mutual Dreamers...




I've heard of mutual funds... but mutual dreams? I've never heard that term before, until now.  The definition of a mutual dream is "when two people dream the same dream. They can be spontaneous or incubated..." (The Dream Dictionary from A-Z, Cheung) Wellll, a few weeks ago my sister and I were mutual nightmarerers (not an actual word).On the same night we both had nightmares that masked men  (her assailant was wearing a clown mask/mine was a jabbawockeez mask, or maybe it was a Michael Myers mask. Scary either way!) were chasing and trying to hurt us. In both of our dreams we escaped. The dreams were weird, but not as weird as the fact that we were dreaming the same thing at the same time. We still haven't figured out what exactly it meant. The only thing we could think of was that I had just moved to Washington and since I'm here alone maybe it had something to do with that.
There are many different types of dreams,  inspirational dreams, lucid dreams, problem-solving dreams... I'm going to start sharing definitions from my dream books on my blog, things that people commonly experience in dreams, for example you're trying to run away from someone or something but your feet won't move, water, mountains, snakes etc. If there's anything specific that you would like me to look up email me or leave it in a comment. And keep checking my blog for the dictionary of common dream symbols that I will start working on very soon.

1 comment:

  1. hello!

    I thought I might introduce you to the International Association for the Study of Dreams (www.asdreams.org/index.htm) where you can find information on all kinds of dreams and dreamers. Check out their discussion board at http://www.asdreams.org/subidxdiscussionsbboard.htm

    Also, I strongly recommend not using a dream dictionary to interpret your dreams as only you know what your dream means -- you just need to learn the language that your dreams are using.

    Bobbie Ann Pimm
    www.notesfromadreamer.com

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter