Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Famous Dreamers



Did you know that famous historical figures throughout history have credited their dreams with giving them inspiration, guidance and revelation? 
Here are a few names that you might recognize:

Julius Caesar's wife Calpurnia- foresaw his assassination in a dream. 

Genghis Khan- received his battle plans in dreams

Samuel Taylor Coleridge- wrote the poem "Kubla Khan" after waking from a dream.

Abraham Lincoln- Days before he was assassinated he had a dream that he heard cries from the East Wing of the White House. He approached soldiers and asked what had happened and they told him that the president had been killed. Just a few days later his viewing was held in the East Wing of the White House. 

Giuseppe Tartini- composed "The Devils Trill" after a dream. In his dream the devil began "to play with consummate skill a sonata of such exquisite beauty as surpasses the boldest flights of my imagination. I felt enraptured, transported, enchanted; my breath was taken away and I awoke. Seizing my violin I tried to retain the sounds I had heard… The piece I then composed was the best I ever wrote, but how far below the one I heard in my dream."

Paul McCartney- heard the melody to "Yesterday" in a dream. He confirmed with the other members of the Beatles that none of them had heard it before and wrote it down. 

Last night I had a dream that brought me a message of inspiration. I can't remember all of the details of the dream, but I remember that right before the dream ended I saw a greeting card. I opened the card and inside it said "If you cherish the best part of who someone is, its easy to love them." My legacy will most likely never be through music, poetry or powerful influence, but the anecdotal inspiration I received helps me to live in way that makes the world a better place. What is better than that?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter