Monday, December 1, 2014

Second Hand Dreams



Dream:
I kept a piece of paper and a pencil handy last night because almost every time I have a dream that wakes me up I forget it by morning. Last night I had a vivid dream that awoke me in the middle of the night, I was feeling scared. I wrote down key words to trigger my memory, but this morning when I read the notes I wasn't able to recall the details of my dream. This is what I wrote down: "Channeling the dead", "cowboy boots", "Thrift shop" and "stop this isn't right". 
What I do remember about my dream is being in a thrift store that was dim, run down and empty (except for the shop owners). I was walking around and remember seeing one really worn leather cowboy boot, it was red and brown. The shop owners told me that they knew of a way to channel the dead and I was curious about it. Before I knew what was happening they started invoking spirits and they were somehow using me as a medium to do it. I remember getting down on the floor of the store and curling up face down in a protective pose, with my arms over my head. I remember shouting "Stop! This isn't right" once or twice. 
I talked to a friend about my dream. She gave me an interpretation that really resonated with me and included all of the important parts of the dream. 

Interpretation:
The spirits represent my past, or things about me that do not physically manifest themselves in my life anymore. A shoe that is not being worn in a dream can represent leaving your past behind you and that you are open to change. Also, the condition of the shoe represents my feelings. The type of shoe, a boot, symbolizes what I am leaving in my past. The boot was masculine and rustic, traits which also describe the person from my past that this dream is related to. The setting was a second hand store, a place where things get a second chance. 
Overall, my dream was a reflection of my readiness to leave my past and step into the future. More specifically, this dream represents a past relationship, the most recent relationship I was in. This is my inclination because last night I was looking at pictures from his wedding. I didn't feel any animosity or negativity. When I was looking at them I was sincerely hoping for his happiness. It was assuring to receive validation through this dream. I am no longer affected by what happened in the past and am open to the unknown expanse of the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter