Monday, March 7, 2011

All You Need is Love





Symbols in this dream
sick, vomiting, guilt

Info about the dreamer
This dreamer wishes to remain anonymous. Therefore I will not disclose any information that might identify this person. The dream that was submitted is below, exactly as it was emailed to me. I did get this additional background information: "Last time I talked to him was probably around Christmas/beginning of the new year. Our relationship kinda ended unfinished. We didn't fight or anything, but our last time out/date I realized we were in different places. I just kinda stopped talking to him. He is in a relationship now." 

The Dream
I was in my house walking down the hallway toward my bedroom. My bathroom is directly across the hall from my bedroom. I noticed someone's feet on the floor of the bathroom (in the laying down position). So I walked in there confused as to who would be in there because the house was empty, I knew I was home alone. It was this guy I use to date off and on in the past. I had no time to question why he was there. He was kneeling over my toilet barfing. When I realized it was him, I started to console him. Rubbing his back, comforting him. I felt sooo bad for him. He soon stopped throwing up after that. It's a little hazy for a moment but then my dream cuts back into us sitting on the bathroom floor talking to each other, what has seemed like for a few hours. I have no clue what we were talking about. I felt every emotion from happy to sad to anger to peace and excited. But it was a rush of it, like when I had cut back into the dream, I was also given the cliff notes of what emotions ran through me during that conversation. Still without knowing what conversation/details were attached to those emotions. We stood up and I walked over to the sink and started washing my hands. He came up behind me, just standing really close and then when I started to look over my shoulder to see why he was standing so close, he wrapped his arms around me. He whispered something in my ear, but I didn't hear what he said because I woke up.

The Interpretation
Ok, so first of all when someone is telling me their dream, I am imagining the dream as I read or hear it. As I was reading the part where she noticed someones feet one the floor I thought "Run girl! Someones about to keeeell you!". Its very interesting that she did not feel fear, but curiosity. Right at the beginning the dream it is established as being a dream that is about peace and making peace. He was sick when she found him, vulnerable. I don't know if that was because she wanted him to let her nurture him, but he never let her (in reality), or if it was because in reality this is the role that she played in his life. Either way, the vomiting allowed her to nurture him in the dream and may also represent her feeling that there are things he needs to "get out of his system" (emotionally speaking).
The next part that stood out to me is that she "felt soooo bad for him". This dreamer has unresolved feelings of guilt about what happened in her relationship with this guy.  At the same time the spectrum of emotions that she experienced in the dream most likely parallel the feelings she had while she was actually dating him and still has when she thinks about him him or runs into him. These emotions along with the very last part of the dream are the keys in determining what this dream means for the future.... She is at peace with the way things are, but has not ruled out the possibility of ending up with this guy. A whisper is so intimate, so gentle, so.... peaceful. This dream definitely came full circle and ended where it started.

Leftovers
I read a book once (I wish so badly I could remember what it was) in which the author wrote about these African refugee women. They had been through the devastation of war, loss of homes and death of loved ones, but the stories they told were not centered on these events. Their stories were about their losses and heartache in love. They spoke of the men who they had loved. Love and companionship is the most powerful human instinct. Some may argue that we seek food and shelter before we seek love, but I refute that arguement, we seek those things only to survive so that we can find love. Our dreams are often linked to the emotions we are feeling or have felt related to love. All you need is love, du-du-nuh-nuh-nuh, all you need is love, love, love is all you need.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter